Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Berlin Mauer Park

Being somewhat new to Berlin I have yet to discover where all the indie designers get their supplies such as fabric, dressforms, notions etc... I am however, lucky because my apartment is just a block away from the enormous Mauerpark flea market where I can find all kinds of unique treasures. It takes at least an hour or two just to walk through the entire thing and you really have to commit to looking through piles and piles of stuff in order to find your own personal treasure but it is Berlin and you can find all kinds of relics from the days of the DDR. Of course my natural inclination is to go to the same ladies who sell fabric every weekend but there are a lot of people who sell their own hand made clothing and accessories.





No comments: