Friday, April 4, 2008

Just Wondering


(Stella McCartney F08/YSL F08)

I have been told by many people that know me that I have shoe mania. I don't particularly agree because I believe most girls love shoes and in that respect I am very much the same. Today, after a longer than usual discussion on why I should buy these gorgeous Givenchy-ish sort of sandals (with a 4" heel) my husband decided to let me know that I don't wear heels enough to justify spending €300 on shoes and that anyway since we are both 5'10" I am entirely too tall for them. Now the second part of that comment I totally ignored and I am a firm believer that the only men I dress for are gay men anyway but I did have to agree with the first comment about not really wearing heels very often. The problem with me and shoe shopping is that for some reason, when I in the shop, I really think I will wear them all the time which is kind of insane since that will make me 6'2" all the time. So now onto my question, how often do you really wear heels?


And if you want any advice on how to wear killer heels and survive, read this.

(pics: imaxtree)

13 comments:

SOMETHING_PICASSO said...

Ok, first. The Stella McCartney wedges and boots are a-freaking-mazing. I love patent, and the angular dangerous looking shapes.

I rarely wear heels since the majority of my time is at school on a huge campus where a lot of walking is needed.

Aah, I think buying heels that you know you love will convince you to wear them more often? Maybe use that logic with your husband? hhahah

Addison said...

love those shoes! stella mccartney mmmmmmm

i wear heels whenever i feel like it! although very rarely during the day, unless its for something specific

coco said...

I love heels
I wear them whenever it is possible/practical!

Patricia Veltri said...

i love shoes and when i buy them i prefer not to think too much rrss by the way i never were heels but i have them anyway...

Jillian said...

WOW i'm like the only one...

yea i wear heels and boots almost everyday... i love them... i'm so short so i need to make up for lost inches!

i wear them even when it's probably better to be wearing sneakers but i'm young so why not!?!

GC said...

If you have ever seen the Shoes video on You Tube you should just get the $300 shoes anyway.
A girl can NEVER have to many shoes
GC,

GC said...

also your shoes are super cute!
GC,

said...

oh wow those heals are crazy! i never wear heels- well besides my oxfords and sometimes some boots, but ill never wear pumps/stilletos to school- im scared ill trip and fall down the stiars!

Little Umbo said...

i love those heels! i need them to make me taller but man... they are tough on my under toe pads (what is that part of the feet called? obviously i failed at foot anatomy).

Alya said...

i love heels and i wear them to almost every outing. I'm 5'5" and when I wear them I'm a 5'8 or 5'9 sometimes. But I love it!

The only places I cant wear heels are to work (because of the long walk) or to the gym!

I take really good care of my heels therefore they stick around for a while.

Sally Jane said...

Just found your blog and I'm loving it!

I haven't worn heels much in the past but suddenly, they are all I want to wear.

*Holley* said...

You should have gotten them anyway. Those shoes are delicious!

up and down town said...

i'm too late to vote.
i don't wear heels.
i'm enjoying this blog though - you have lots of little goodies on here!