- A Fashion geek must-have "A Fashion Questionnaire" by Michael Specter has just been released by Assouline. It interviews 21 designers, everyone from Albert Elbaz to Karl Lagerfeld to Sonia Rykiel. (Assouline)
"In the tradition of Assouline's bestselling Proust Questionnaire comes The Fashion Questionnaire. Proust's legendary personality revealer has been recast with a fashion angle and posed to the fashion industry's most important and influential designers. From legendary greats such as Carolina Herrera and Karl Lagerfeld, to contemporary designers who break the mold such as John Galliano and Thom Browne handwritten answers intimately reveal the personalities and tastes of each designer. The Fashion Questionnaire is rare, inside look at the creative icons who influence not just fashion but contemporary culture. An insightful essay by Michael Specter on the evolution of fashion and its influence introduces the designers' answers. Like Proust, this volume also includes blank questionnaires for readers and their friends to answer."
- If you live in the UK, you can rush over to Asda and buy a £3 bikini. (Female First)
- There is a Summer Mix download for free at Urban Outfitters. (Urban Outfitters Blog)
- Albert Elbaz to design a line of jeans for Acne. Sweet. (FWD)
- Louise continues to dazzle the world with her overabundance of chicness. (The Sartorialist)(Punky B) (and about a thousand other blogs.)
- On a personal note, it appears I'm having one of those low self control days and have decided that it's much more important to me that I buy some new jeans and these other items than do anything else extremely boring with my money like pay my health insurance bill. Here's what's up for consideration...
(Glasses: Asos, Jeans: Cheap Monday, Sandals: Newport News, Skirt: F21,)