Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Too Late For These 201 Levis But...



There are 3 unbelievable (maybe even more) things about these Levis.

1. They are 120 years old.

2. "They were found in a mine in the Rand Mining District, on the Mojave Desert,. California. They are covered in candle wax from the candle's the miner was using to light the tunnel he was working in. They were found with and old paper bag with the name of a mercantile store which operated between 1895 and 1898 in the town or Randsburg. Their was also a gunny sack with the initials A.P.K. and Randsburg marked on it. A.P.K. is through to be Adam P. Kuffel who was a partner in the mercantile store."

3. They just sold on eBay for $36,099.00!!

Congrats VintBoy1....

They haven't really changed the recipe much since then...



(via NYMag)

16 comments:

porter hovey said...

WOW! I guess nothing beats a great pair of Levi's. So crazy!!

pearl said...

$36K??? Wow that's amazing vintage! Thanks for the piping tutorial below, I'll definitely have to try it on some remakes!

Kingshuk said...

Your blogs are really nice..The dresses are very fashionable...Welcome to my blogs too and plz feel free to leave behind your comments

Sharon Rose said...

Wow-good for vintboy, hope they fit him before they disintegrate!!

coco said...

Why did they sell for that much? That is crazy!

Pratishtha Durga said...

That's a load of dough for a wax-laden piece of history. I was wondering... if I had that much money to spare, would I have bought them? Can't say NO for sure. they are quite a cool bit of rag to own.

Times of Glory said...

Oh my! What great news! That's piece of history! I bet they will display the jeans extremely well xxxxxxx

annabananna said...

wow! i shold burry a pair of my jeans and leave my descendants a note where to find it!

CoutureCarrie said...

That is the coolest thing EVER!!!!
Talk about vintage denim!

Ida said...

*lol* that's "authentic" vintage I guess.

...love Maegan said...

wow. wow. WOW. wish I found em! Also, were they found wrapped around a skeleton? sorry ;)

Jessie Cacciola said...

best ad for levi's ever.

Alya said...

WOW! Amazing!

choubelle said...

SO effing cool! They look amazing. Wax really helps preserve fabric I guess! The logo is nicer too than it is now. Ultimate vintage.

Beauty Confessional said...

wow thats outrageous, 36K for a pair of old jeans. LOL

btw would you like to swap links?

my blog is http:///www.beautyconfessional.net

HotCaviar said...

my husband is a levi's follower and collector and he couldn't believe the condition of these on ebay either... a.ma.z.ing... how thrilling for these miners to find such a rare treat... the funniest thing though was reading the requests by some of the potential buyers, one guy was asking how he could get the wax drips off?? what tha, that's the coolest part about them! weird...