Friday, October 24, 2008

Chanel F/W 08/9 RTW Campaign "Harlem Shuffle"



This campaign appeals to me for 2 reasons. First, because we will all be living like this soon, even Claudia Schiffer is now forced to sleep on a mattress on floor. She can't even afford sheets or pillows! Why? Because she didn't diversify, that's why. She has tons of shares in AIG & Lehman Brothers the poor thing.

Second.... because I really love that Karl is finally addressing the true blue Chanel lovers. It's easy to throw a billionaire Olsen twin into one of these ad campaigns and call it a day. Instead, he's speaking to the true Chanel sacrificers like me, those of us who would rather spend $10,000 on that faaaaaaabulous outfit than take care of the pesky wiring problem in our apartments.... and if I had a choice between paying for my health insurance for the next few months (boooooooring) or buying those shoes (see second photo.... i die!) you know that I would be dusting off a really special place in my closet for them. Thanks Karl, you totally get me.....





(pics: chanel)

20 comments:

Stephanie said...

This made me laugh out loud : )

Down with Olsen twins! Up with two-tone tights! (Seriously - those tights are amazing.)

Chloe's Chic Conception said...

haha! I loved your introduction for these photos...and the ad campaign, well genius!

Lola Is Beauty said...

that's hilarious! Yeah, Schiffer! never listen to those men in suits again (except Karl)...

Bella said...

Hysterical! You now I'm thinking the same, and I follow Carrie Bradshaw on this statement... I'd rather buy things than buy dinner.

Beutiful images. Great post!

Edie said...

CAN'T BE COOLER THAN THAT! SIMPLY IN LOVE WITH THAT SMALL PRE.PHOTO SESSION. IN LOVE IN LOVE.

i.d. said...

Chanel lovers unite! :) I love your commentary, lol.

hrose said...

hahahahaha.
i want my money right where i can see it; in my closet.
carrie bradshaw is right on the money, as are you. great post, because i agree completely. who cares about banal things like bills and insurance when you could get brand new shoes and bags?

* Fashion Dreamer * said...

I absolutely love this campaign! Very different, Karl is a forward-thinking genius. I totally agree, those shoes are awesome, but what I really want are those tights!

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

I love the two tone chanel tights so much!

Dollhouse said...

This new campaign with Claudia is so cool. The atmosphere of the pics is so great and I'm totally in love with the tights!!

and love your comments about the campaign so funny and cute ;)

xx

STEFANIE said...

haha great post^-^ but you're absolutely true!

The Clothes Horse said...

This is a gorgeous campaign and I love your theories behind the shots.

Andi said...

Haha...I lOove the photos for this campaign, Brilliant!! The tights and shoes are great, but what I want to know is where can I get my hands on that chair and loveseat? For those I would totally skip paying a few bills...

styledigger said...

Love this campaign, tihgts especially.

Paul Pincus said...

Why? Because she didn't diversify, that's why.

brilliant.

; )

Talibonita said...

oh wow! they captured harlem well! throw in a super model and the place looks surreal.

Hudson said...

Love this campaign! It's so beautiful-Claudia Schiffer too!

xoxo,
Hudson
www.hudsonjeans.com/lifestyle

clairegrenade said...

i couldn't agree with you more!!! Karl is a genius with the color black, the modern chanel to me is black & feminine almost


awesomeness :D

Imelda Matt said...

It's 'kindah' got a Grey Gardens feel to it, just without the full-blown insanity!

inchperfect said...

who did the photography for this shoot? its amaze!!!