Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
- A Fashion geek must-have "A Fashion Questionnaire" by Michael Specter has just been released by Assouline. It interviews 21 designers, everyone from Albert Elbaz to Karl Lagerfeld to Sonia Rykiel. (Assouline)
"In the tradition of Assouline's bestselling Proust Questionnaire comes The Fashion Questionnaire. Proust's legendary personality revealer has been recast with a fashion angle and posed to the fashion industry's most important and influential designers. From legendary greats such as Carolina Herrera and Karl Lagerfeld, to contemporary designers who break the mold such as John Galliano and Thom Browne handwritten answers intimately reveal the personalities and tastes of each designer. The Fashion Questionnaire is rare, inside look at the creative icons who influence not just fashion but contemporary culture. An insightful essay by Michael Specter on the evolution of fashion and its influence introduces the designers' answers. Like Proust, this volume also includes blank questionnaires for readers and their friends to answer."
- If you live in the UK, you can rush over to Asda and buy a £3 bikini. (Female First)
- There is a Summer Mix download for free at Urban Outfitters. (Urban Outfitters Blog)
- Albert Elbaz to design a line of jeans for Acne. Sweet. (FWD)
- Louise continues to dazzle the world with her overabundance of chicness. (The Sartorialist)(Punky B) (and about a thousand other blogs.)
- On a personal note, it appears I'm having one of those low self control days and have decided that it's much more important to me that I buy some new jeans and these other items than do anything else extremely boring with my money like pay my health insurance bill. Here's what's up for consideration...
(Glasses: Asos, Jeans: Cheap Monday, Sandals: Newport News, Skirt: F21,)
Monday, April 28, 2008
Using excessive Photoshop techniques for good and not for evil. Love this editorial, Vice is just soooo much fun....
Friday, April 25, 2008
Very Elle is a new addition to the French Elle family. It's a biannual magazine featuring "icons" such as Chloe and Charlotte Gainsbourg and the good news for people like myself is that it's heavy on photos. Chloe is wearing pieces in this editorial from her Opening Ceremony line. It certainly gives her line a bit of polish but takes away a bit of the fun and eccentricity (imo) which I really liked.
(Pics: Lux Lisbon via tFS)
Posted by Vain and Vapid at 11:29 AM
While we are finally getting a Topshop in NY (at the old YRB local) it would be even better if we can also have at Monki, a chain of shops from Sweden that sells female streetwear with a Japanese touch at reasonable prices. The same company is also behind Cheap Monday jeans which everybody seems to love. And yes, it's ferosh...
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Ever since I came across Japanese based label Lowery's Farm I have been a huge fan. They have a Trovata with a dash of A.P.C. and Françoise Hardy sort of vibe which I adore. Their cute and easy pieces are just what I want to wear in the summer but I have not yet been able to find any stockists that carry it outside Japan. In any case their catalog is really inspiring and fun to look at so check it out here.
P.S. They even included a crossword puzzle in their latest catalog... it's very amusing.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
(left to right): Tom Ford Black Orchid, Ylva's Fairytale Shoulder Bag, Daniel Palillo Huge Tee, Henrik Vibskov Helsinki Unisex Leggings, Maison Martin Margiela Waistcoat Dress, Alice McCall Dancing Girl Print Dress, Topshop Button Through Skirt, Linda Farrow for Luella Black Framed Geek Glasses, Whitehorse Light Feather Indian Tank, Tibi Francoise Flats, Ksubi Pleated Bubble Skirt, Alexander Wang Charcoal Suiting Dress, Moschino Vintage Skirt, Topshop Gladiator Ankle Boot, Greta Shoes by Biba, Made by Elves 1920 Oxford, In God We Trust Button Up Shorts.
Friday, April 18, 2008
1. I love this cover, Jena looks ferosh.
2. I love those glasses.
3. You can read the full issue of Dirrty online. It would help if you understand French but regardless, they have some really lovely editorials for the rest of us.
You can tell when summer is just around the corner when APC releases its yearly Madras Collection, a collaboration between Jean Touitou and Jessica Ogden. The pieces are so wearable and and I am already seriously considering that one-piece...