Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Shop Update Tomorrow: The Breton 2 Ways

I have been tinkering around with making a version of the Breton shirt for the shop and I've come up with 2 variations. I wanted to keep my favorite elements, the horizontal stripes and the boatneck. I found the most amazing two way knit which has large stripes on one side and very fine stripes on the reverse side and tried to incorporate both sides of the fabric into each design.


The first version I made is a fitted dress with the skirt cut on the bias and an asymmetric hem. This dress really needs to make friends with a shrunken leather jacket asap, maybe something Rick Owens-y or this jacket by Mike & Chris.


The second version is a bit more laid back and loose fitting with dolman sleeves and chevron stripes in the back. I also made 1 top version of this.



All will be in my shop tomorrow at noon est. There will be both dresses in small & medium and a top in small.

10 comments:

TPWP said...

Hi Julie - A couple questions, is the first version long enough to be worn without leggings? Will the size small of the second version still fit slouchy?

Thanks!!

Fiona said...

Oh, I love the second dress. I bet I forget to try to buy it though, I'm rubbish like that. Now... EST in GMT...

Vain and Vapid said...

Hi Carla!

The first version is definitely long enough to be worn as a dress, no leggings needed. It measures 33" long at the center front.

As for the second dress.... it will probably still have a bit of a slouchy look to it as the shoulders are dropped slightly past the actual sleeve cap and it has a loose silhouette. On me it does look especially slouchy however.

Hope that helps..

Thanks,

Julie
Vain&Vapid.

simple things said...

Very nice! Both of them, but I am particularly smitten with the second version.

a. said...

looks such amazing.

Anna Marie said...

fantastic! they all look so cozy and versatile. :)

Anna Marie said...

ps. the shoes you photographed them with are really cute too

Luxe. said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the second version!!.x

Dawn said...

I love the first dress, but I'm wondering if you will make it in size Large? It's perfect!

Vain and Vapid said...

Dawn: Yes a large is possible, I think I have enough fabric for 1 more dress so email me if you're interested. Thanks...

J.
V&V.